Sexual Assault Referral Centre (SARC)
We offer free, confidential healthcare and compassionate support to anyone in South Yorkshire that has experienced sexual assault or rape in their lifetime.
Our telephone 0330 223 0938 is open 24 hours a day, every day of the year.
Call to speak with a nurse for support and to discuss your options for making an in-person appointment and/or referrals.
How we can help
Our services include:
- Immediate over-the-phone support and referrals to specialist services
- In-person crisis support and healthcare including access to medicine
- Forensic medical examinations
- Holistic examinations and care for non-recent cases
- Collection and storage of forensic samples
- Comprehensive Risk Assessments
- Access to specialist counselling and Independent Sexual Violence Advisors (ISVA) support
- Service referrals and follow-up calls after an appointment
You will be offered these services based on your individual needs and you can choose to use as much or as little of our service as you wish.
Visitors need an appointment before attending the SARC in person. Please call us to make an appointment.
Referrals to the centre
Please call us if you have any questions about how we can help you or someone you know visit the centre.
You can self-refer to the SARC without police involvement by calling us on 0330 223 0938 if you are aged 13 years or older.
If you are from the police or are a professional looking to make a referral, please visit our Professionals page.
Get in contact
Call our 24/7/365 telephone to make an appointment:
0330 223 0938
All referrals from Police and professionals should be made by telephone:
0330 223 0938
Visit our Resources page to find our leaflet and information on other helpful resources.